I haven’t met anyone who didn’t enjoy a good philly cheese steak, and now you can enjoy the flavors in your own kitchen! My husband enjoyed this so much he asked me to add it to my “make again soon” list. Yeah, it’s that good.
I’ve seen crock pot versions of this recipe, but have yet to try any. I hope to soon! But, it’s not too difficult to make over the stove. Please note: I did not include mushrooms in this recipe. If you like mushrooms, feel free to add them when sauteing your peppers and onions!
This recipe yields 4-5 sandwiches.
2 lbs. flank steak, cut into pieces
2 green bell peppers, sliced thin
1/2 onion, sliced then
1/2 c. mushrooms, cut in half
2 tbsp. olive oil
Provolone cheese, sliced thin
Salt and pepper, to taste
1. Preheat oven to 325 degrees.
2. Heat olive oil in saute pan over medium heat. Add sliced peppers and onions and cook until tender. Remove from skillet and set aside.
3. Season flank steak with salt and pepper. Add to skillet and cook until brown.
4. Divide flank steak into two sections in the skillet. Evenly distribute the peppers and onions on top of both sections of flank steak. Add slices of provolone cheese to the top and let cook until cheese is melted.
5. Scoop the mixture into hoagie buns.
6. Wrap hoagie buns in aluminum foil. Place into oven safe dish and let cook for 10 minutes.
When the oven timer goes off, remove from oven and enjoy! It is oh-so-good!
From my heart to yours ❤