If you’re looking for a fairly easy treat to make for a party that you know will be a hit, Peanut Butter Buckeyes might be what you’re looking for! It’s better than buying a container of cookies from your local grocery store. Everything is better when it’s handmade. ❤
I had never heard of Peanut Butter Buckeyes until a few years ago when a co-worker brought them for everyone to enjoy. Needless to say I ended up in a sugar coma for the rest of the day.
1. Start by lining a baking sheet with parchment paper.
2. Combine the confectioners’ sugar, peanut butter, vanilla extract, melted butter, and salt (optional) into a medium sized bowl and mix well.
3. Scoop 2-teaspoon sized portions, and roll into balls. Place them on the lined baking sheet. (A melon baller might come in handy!) Place sheet into fridge to cool for 15 minutes.
4. Microwave the semisweet chocolate chips in a microwave safe bowl in 20 second increments until completely melted.
5. Remove chilled peanut butter balls from the refrigerator. Stick a toothpick into the tip of the ball and dip into the melted chocolate, leaving peanut butter still visible at the top. Place the ball back onto the parchment paper on the baking sheet.
6. Repeat until all peanut butter balls are covered in chocolate.
7. Chill buckeyes in refrigerator for 20 minutes. Smooth hole made from the toothpick with your finger or spoon.